SNI encourages open discussion on current and future SNI Social Media Sites, including but not limited to, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube, blogs, online story-sharing forums, and any other web-based communication forum (together the “Social Media Sites”). Information posted on any of SNI Social Media Sites is not medical advice and cannot replace a consultation with a health care professional. If you have a medical emergency, call 911. If you have medically-related questions regarding your health, please call your provider or physician.
Please be aware that once you post something on any SNI Social Media Sites, there’s the potential for thousands of people to read your words. As a result, you should exercise caution when posting information on any SNI Social Media Sites and you should not disclose personal identifiable information like your location, medical record number, financial information, etc. While SNI makes reasonable efforts to monitor and/or moderate content posted on its Social Media Sites, SNI does not moderate all comments and cannot always respond in a timely manner to online requests for information. Please know SNI cannot and will not respond to comments that deal with individual medical cases and issues.
- You must be at least 18 years old to post any content on any SNI Social Media Sites.
- You are prohibited from posting personal health information, including patient images, on any SNI Social Media Site. You are also prohibited from using any SNI Social Media Site to provide or seek out medical advice or medical commentary or to make, recommend or increase referrals to providers and/or physicians.
- As a guest posting content to any SNI Social Media Sites, you agree that you will not:
- a. violate any HIPAA, local, state, federal or international laws and regulations, including but not limited to copyright and intellectual property rights laws regarding any content that you send or receive;
- b. transmit any material (by uploading, posting, email, etc.) that is unlawful, viewed as malicious, obscene, threatening or intimidating, that disparage patients, employees, or suppliers of SNI or that might constitute harassment or bullying. Examples of such conduct might include offensive posts meant to intentionally harm someone’s reputation or posts on the basis of race, sex, disability, religion or other status protected by law;
- c. transmit any material (by uploading, posting, email, etc.) that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party;
- d. transmit (by uploading, posting, email, etc.) any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising (including advertising of non-SNI services or products or use of logo), promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes”;
- e. transmit any material (by uploading, posting, email, etc.) that contains software viruses, worms, disabling code, or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- f. collect or store, or attempt to collect or store, personal data about third parties without their knowledge or consent.
- SNI reserves the right to monitor, prohibit, restrict, block, suspend, terminate, delete, or discontinue access to any SNI Social Media Site, at any time, without notice, for any reason and at its sole discretion. SNI may remove, delete, block, filter or restrict by any other means any materials at its sole discretion. You understand and agree that SNI may disclose your communications and activities on the Social Media Sites in response to lawful requests by governmental authorities, including Patriot Act requests, judicial orders, warrants or subpoenas, or for the protection of SNI rights. In the event that SNI exercises any of its rights hereunder for any reason, you agree that SNI will have no liability to you.
- By posting any content on any SNI Social Media Site, you grant to SNI the irrevocable right to reproduce, distribute, publish, and display such content and the right to create derivative works from your content, edit or modify such content and use such content for any SNI purpose.
- YOU EXPRESSLY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU ASSUME ALL RESPONSIBILITY RELATED TO THE SECURITY, PRIVACY, AND CONFIDENTIALITY RISKS INHERENT IN SENDING ANY CONTENT OVER THE INTERNET. BY ITS VERY NATURE, A WEBSITE AND THE INTERNET CANNOT BE ABSOLUTELY PROTECTED AGAINST INTENTIONAL OR MALICIOUS ATTEMPTS.
- SNI DOES NOT CONTROL THE THIRD PARTY SITES AND THE INTERNET OVER WHICH YOU MAY CHOOSE TO SEND CONFIDENTIAL, PERSONAL, OR HEALTH INFORMATION OR OTHER CONTENT AND, THEREFORE, SNI DOES NOT WARRANT ANY SAFEGUARD AGAINST ANY SUCH INTERCEPTIONS OR COMPROMISES TO YOUR INFORMATION. WHEN POSTING ANY CONTENT ON A SOCIAL MEDIA SITE, YOU SHOULD THINK CAREFULLY ABOUT YOUR OWN PRIVACY IN DISCLOSING DETAILED OR PRIVATE INFORMATION ABOUT YOURSELF AND YOUR FAMILY.
- The opinions and/or views expressed on any SNI Social Media Site do not necessarily represent the opinions and/or views of SNI or any of its corporate affiliates or any of their respective directors, officers, employees, research staff, medical staff or members.
- THIS POLICY MAY BE UPDATED AT ANY TIME WITHOUT NOTICE, AND EACH TIME A USER ACCESSES A SNI SOCIAL MEDIA SITE, THE NEW POLICY WILL GOVERN USAGE, EFFECTIVE UPON POSTING.